The theme of the Good Friday Walk to the Cross this year as we neared the close of Lent, was “In the Footsteps of Jesus.” It was an opportunity to use our imaginations to prayerfully walk with Jesus in the path of discipleship. Just before the beginning of Lent in 2020 (February 3-14) an opportunity to literally walk in the footsteps of Jesus will be open to you. Rev. Dr. Jay Terbush and I will be hosting a Holy Land pilgrimage to those places where Jesus actually lived and walked. Dr. Jay has extensive experience in leading spiritual pilgrimages and promises that they can be life changing experiences where one’s understanding of the Bible and commitment to following Jesus will be challenged, inspired and strengthened.
Some of the sites to be visited will be:
* The Sea of Galilee where we will share in a time of prayer on the water where Jesus calmed a storm.
* The Mount of Beatitudes where Jesus preached the Sermon on the Mount.
* Bethlehem-the birthplace of Jesus.
* The Jordan River, traditional site of the baptism of Jesus by John the Baptist.
* Jericho, where you can see the traditional site of Jesus’ temptation in the wilderness.
* The Palm Sunday Road to the Garden of Gethsemane.
* King Herod’s Antonia Fortress where Jesus was brought before Pontius Pilate.
* The Via Dolorosa (“Way of the Cross.”) upon which Jesus carried his cross on the way to his crucifixion.
* The Garden Tomb-where we will share Communion and Prayer in the empty grave of our Risen Savior.
There are still some brochures with complete itinerary information and registration forms in the church office. The brochures can also be viewed and downloaded from the Educational Opportunities Tours website by going to www.EO.travel/my trip and entering the following information: Tour=HL20, Date=020320, Code=T, ID=42668 or by clicking the link on either the church Facebook page or my Facebook author page.
I hope that many of us will be able to share this exciting spiritual journey together!
Watch for Updates!